Friday, January 30, 2009

20090130

WOD
AMRAP in 20 Minutes
2 loops Farmer's Walk, 2 pood in each hand, distance unknown
15 strict pull-ups

Penalty: 5 Burpees for each time the KB's are dropped during a walk

This was a partner workout where person A did the walk then person B did the pull-ups and then the walk. This meant that one person was working at a time and had to do both exercises in a row. It was a fun workout with a fairly laid back attitude, better than running outside. My partner was Lindsey, and quite frankly we won...hands down. No other way to put it. We each did 4 complete rounds and neither of us dropped the KB's (in fact nobody this morning did). I've never done Farmer's walks before and found them to be interesting. It was hard to hook grip the KB's but I tried and it seemed to work well. I think the pain in my thumbs from doing that is what made the walk tough mentally. Anyways, fun stuff and rest day tomorrow!

No comments: