Tuesday, January 13, 2009

20090113

WOD
For time:
155 pound Power clean 15 reps
30 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 12 reps
24 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 9 reps
18 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 6 reps
12 Ring dips
155 pound Power clean 3 reps
6 Ring dips

15:54

My weightlifting shoes are in the shop for necessary improvements. As was the case I decided to go au natural and try this one barefoot. Honestly, I hardly noticed the lack of shoes once the adrenaline started flowing. I was questioning my intestinal stability at the begining of this workout and rightfully so. I started out well on the cleans and did 10 straight away. However, once on the ring dips my body became confused and I couldn't decide if I should be worried about puking or ... worse. This forced me to take more time on the dips than I would have liked and I had to break them to 5 reps a set. Nevertheless today was a better performance than yesterday.

Possible reasons for gastrointestinal distress:
too much refined sugar (leftover Christmas candy)
too much food/fat?
plasma donating
Remnants of Runza burger wreaking havok

I will try and keep a closer eye on what I eat so as to fine tune my diet and or other habits. 


No comments: