Sunday, January 18, 2009

20090118

WOD
Cleans
1-1-1-1-1
198-208(pr)-218 (f)- 213(caught but didn't stand)

Since we had done hang power cleans recently, Ricky decided to have us do regular cleans from the ground. It was a lot of fun having such a large group of people working hard and pushing their limits. Many pr'd today, which is impressive considering it's only been a little over a week since the last cleans. Today I focused on being able to get under the bar and now I really want to work on front squats to build strength to get more weight out of the hole. It's really a matter of being comfortable catching so much weight so low and then standing. I was really happy to succeed at 208 (a 10 lb pr), but I was even more pleased to be able to catch 213 even though I didn't stand. I think today helped with the mental aspect of cleans just as much as it did with the physical. Also, I don't want to jinx anything, but my back hurt much less today then it has in the past.

After cleans we all started messing around on the pull-up bars, rings, and ropes. I got my first bar muscle up and my first strict muscle up. I also tried and inverse rope climb, but didn't get too far on that. This was a good end to what started as a frustrating cycle. 

No comments: