Friday, January 16, 2009

20090116

WOD
10 GHD Sit-ups
10 Hip and Back Extensions
95 lb. Thruster, 30 reps
50 Pull-ups

30 GHD Sit-ups
30 Hip and Back Extensions
95 lb. Thruster, 20 reps
35 Pull-ups

50 GHD Sit-ups
50 Hip and Back Extensions
95 lb. Thruster, 10 reps
20 Pull-ups

DNF (Big Time)

What a terrible day. This one has left me a little downtrodden. I can think of half a dozen reasons why my performance was abysmal, but that doesn't negate the fact that it was down right bad. I only got through 10 Thrusters of the second set. However, this was not due to running out of time. It was due to the fact that I felt like blowing chunks after about 25 GHD sit-ups and then again after taking a break trying to rally. I don't know for sure what is causing me to feel wretched during workouts, but I've got to find out and bring an end to it. I've been zoning for a few weeks now and hope it turns around shortly. Maybe I need more sleep, or maybe I'm getting sick, or perhaps it's my body's reaction to donating plasma this week. Whatever it is here's what I'm going to do about it.
1. Sleep in tomorrow
2. Stop donating plasma indefinately
3. Keep zoning
4. Keep intensity high during workouts
If this persists for the rest of the cycle, I'll come up with a better plan. I know I mentioned on Monday that the first day of a cycle is usually my worst, but today felt worse than normal. I'm starting to become quite frustrated with my inability to perform at my best . Hopefully I can turns things around this weekend. 

No comments: