Wednesday, January 21, 2009

20090121

WOD
15 HSPU
1 L pull-up
13 HSPU
3 L pull-ups
11 HSPU
5 L pull-ups
9 HSPU
7 L pull-ups
7 HSPU
9 L pull-ups
5 HSPU
11 L pull-ups
3 HSPU
13 L pull-ups
1 HSPU
15 L pull-ups

I was able to get through everything save 5 pull-ups by the 30 minute cut off. All the HSPU were strict and as prescribed, the L pull-ups were less so. Switching from an overhand to underhand or mixed grip helped a lot with the pull ups, but these are definitely something I'll have to work on. I kipped a little on some of the reps, but tried to stay as strict as I could. After the 30 minutes, I went back and did the last 5 reps with a tan band. This made it much easier, and maybe I should have switched earlier. Oh well.

However, I do have an interesting completely unrelated story for those who are interested. It's a story about mornings and odd awakenings. It all began with a slight tickle on my chin that drifted into my dreams. The tickle slowly crept up the side of my face and presumably onto my hair. Gaining consciousness and realizing this tickle was a bug I attempted aggressively persuade the little critter to tickle elsewhere. In an unfortunate turn of events the bug, in full flight mode, made a mad dash straight into my ear. Baffled, shocked, and still drifting out of sleep I didn't know what to think. For a bit I thought it was a dream or that the bug crawled away, but when the bug started moving inside my ear I knew what had happened. If you've never had a bug in your ear, it is quite a bizarre feeling to try and explain. It sounds like having water in your ear; water with antennas. I waited for a few minutes hoping that the bug would grow tired of the confined space and leave on it's own accord (at which point I would aggressively attack the little guy). This only creeped my out and didn't accomplish much. My second plan was to try and flush the bug out with a Q-Tip. This only sent the bug into a squirming fit... not fun. Finally, I consulted my two nearly doctor roommates. Their aggravation from being woken at 5 in the morning quickly subsided when I explained how my ear had become a haven. Eager to see they stared the bugger down eye to eye with their doctor tools. After getting a glimpse of something they will probably never see again, we hatched a plan to flush the bug out with some rubbing alcohol. I cannot explain to you how it felt to have a bug frantically try to leave your ear, it was crazy. But, luckily for me, in it's last moments the bug made it out of my ear into the light of day only to die from alcohol poisoning. Needless to say I didn't need an alarm clock this morning.

 

Here's a picture of that little rascal.

No comments: