Tuesday, December 9, 2008

20081209

WOD
"Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are pushups, the third 8 intervals are situps, and finally, the last 8 intervals are air squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Total: 425

This is always a grueling workout and really helps point out faults or weaknesses in basic motions. My rep count broke down as follows:
Pull-ups: 15-15-10-10-10-6 (bad transition from butterfly to regular kip)-10-10 Total: 86
Push-ups: (After pull-ups I just counted continuously for a total) tried for 15/round then 10/round and ended at 7 or so/round: 67
Sit-ups: Tried for 15 per round but missed 5: 115
Squats: Tried for 20 per round, missed 3: 157
Total: 425

I really need to work on push-ups as that has always kind of held me back in workouts like this. I feel pretty good about everything else and don;t think I can go much faster in either sit-ups or squats. I don't rest at all for either of those and just make my goal in time. However, I'm sure there is a way to go faster and I have no doubt that in time I will find it.

Grip is always an issue (for everyone I'm sure) on pull-ups. I'm trying not to slaughter my hands when I do them, but find it hard to push it when I don't. Calluses will solve all problems.
Anyways, I feel this will be a good benchmark to build from and look forward to its return.

26 HSPU

No comments: