Saturday, December 6, 2008

20081206

WOD

3 rounds for time

40 OHS (125#)
50 Box jumps
60 Jumping pull-ups
70 DU
400m Run (both team members)

Time: 22:58

This was a partner workout and because of shoulder troubles (and a drive for absolute victory), my partner was Paul. We subbed 137# front squats for the OHS because of said shoulders. These team workouts really raise the intensity since you are driven to work as soon as the other person takes a break. We broke the reps up right down the middle and didn't rest at all unless the other was working. However, we did finish first, about 3 and a half minutes before the next group. I think this was partly due to the front squat sub and partly to our drive to win.

I'm going to be making subs like this until the new year in hopes that my shoulder will tighten up and the muscles will hold it in place. I would hate to have to go under the knife for it. We'll see.

23 HSPU

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great to see you on the bloggosphere. It is great place to reflect on your progress. Keep up the awesome work. Oh, and Greg and I will have our revenge!!!

John W said...

Thanks Jeff. I'm still getting the hang of this think. But remember, you'll have to get up pretty early in the morning to get your revenge (however you do get up pretty early...)