Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tabata Something Else

Today I ran Tabata Something Else since I missed it yesterday and did a pack run instead (we'll get to that later). TSE went well and I pr'd but once again I was disappointed with my push-up performance. I'm going to have to do something about that. Here's how it went.

WOD
Tabata Something Else
Pull-ups 18-13-9-10-10-9-10-10 = 89
Push-ups 12-12-11-10-9-8-6-6 = 74
Sit-ups 13-14-15-14-14-14-15 = 112
Squats 21-21-21-21-21-21-22-22 = 170

Total = 445

Sit-ups were performed unanchored with the soles of my feet together. I came all the way up and touched my feet on each rep. Hopefully everything else was full rom (I tried to keep it legit). Also, I jumped the gun and did one pull-up round before the time really started. I got 19 on that round and nullified it since it was not on the clock. Not sure how much that affected total reps.

Tuesday WOD
1.5 Mile back pack run with 25->16.5lbs

Untimed but I pushed the pace.

Since I couldn't make it to Medford yesterday, I decided to through some weight on my back and run. I do not however have any weight so I improvised with three one gallon jugs formerly filled with chocolate and now filled with water to total 25lbs. It started out fairly well, but about a block into my run I felt a little trickle down the back of my legs which continued to swamp my shoes and leave a trail of my path. One of the jugs had lost its top and my 25lb pack slowly became a 16.5lb pack and I slowly became soaked. I didn't really care that much and continued the run. However, about .5 miles into the run my ipod stopped, once again I didn't care all that much and mushed on. As it turns out, my ipod is now a fancy paperweight since it apparently shorted out from being soaked. So, I am in the market for a new ipod and coincidentally a job to pay for the new ipod. How convenient.

No comments: