Monday, October 12, 2009

Fran = Black Lung

Today I went face to face with Fran. We hadn't crossed paths since last September (and I was just fine with that). I figure it is a good annual event. As usual it hurt afterward, a lot, but not as bad as I can recall from before, a good sign. I also felt much better during the workout, another good sign. Overall I was happy with the trial and was able to make a substantial pr.

WOD
Fran
21-15-9
95lb thrusters
pull-ups

3:50 (pr by 1:05)

Maybe next time I can drop another minute. Ha. That would be cool.

This will be my only wod for a few days. Tomorrow, I will b leaving of Hershey, PA for an interview with the Penn State School of Medicine. This will be my first interview for med school and I am really excited to get it underway. Now if I could only get a response from those jobs out here. I still haven't heard anything from Harvard or Cataldo Ambulance and it's over a week beyond when they siad they would contact me. In addition to these two companies going MIA, Tutor.com apparently doesn't see me either. I was supposed to have a mock session online today for this reputable online tutoring company. I scheduled the session last week for noon, and I'll be darned if they didn't show up, so after waiting for 15 minutes (like they said) I left with hopes of finding a gig at McDonalds or something. Seriously, does anyone else go through this when looking for a job. Is it common practice to interview someone and then just not follow up? I sure hope that I'm just an anomaly and that this doesn't happen to anyone else. Oh well. Everything will come together in good time, I'm not terribly worried about it. At this point I'm just trying to enjoy the free time.

Also, check out the video I posted under random thoughts. It's SFW, so no worries. I really liked his take on the attitude of many people today and the whole 'the world owes me mentality.' Something to keep life in perspective and maybe even find a little happiness in the small things.

No comments: