Monday, October 5, 2009

Muscle up? More like muscle down!

I haven't done muscle-ups since the last time we did muscle-ups in Omaha, so 5 months give or take. As I recall, the last time I did 30, I felt like I should have gone faster. This time around I feel doubly so. For some reason I just couldn't pull off muscle ups like I'm used to. I spent the time between struggling on the rings and knocking some bar muscle ups out. As a matter of fact most of the muscle ups this time were done on a bar. Aggravating to say the least. The tough part of it was that I know it was a mental thing, not a physical one.

WOD
30 muscle-ups for time (and a little sip from the humble cup)
~15 minute

On a lighter note, I was able to string together 82 double-unders before the workout so that was cool.

I'm still waiting to hear back on some jobs and I'm dying for at least a little structure in my life. It may sound weird, but I think I function better when I'm busy. Right now, my diet is treating me oddly, so I'm going to have to tweak it. Having other crossfitters to workout with has been awesome, but I'm finding it hard to mentally get into workouts. I guess I'm just at a weird place in time. I'm sure it will all workout in time, but for now it's kind of funky and not in the cool 70's way.

1 comment:

hannah eileen said...

You'll get it together, Jesus! You were just spoiled by how awesome the Omaha crew is.