Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Muscle up redemption

Well, I still haven't gotten over that mental block for doing ring muscle ups, but I have redeemed myself for the poor showing on the 30 MU's for time I did a while back.

WOD
Tyler
5 Rounds
7 muscle ups
21 SDHP at 95lbs

16:15

That means I either squeezed 5 muscle ups and 105 SDHP into about a minute (based on my most recent 30 rep time), or I was more efficient. In this case, I think the latter is more likely. Ha. This was a good little wod. I was able to take the muscle ups (done on a bar) one at a time and rarely missed. I split the SDHP into 11-10 each round except the 4th which was 7-7-7 and the 5th which was 12-9.

This was my first workout in about a week. Last week I got sick while driving to Penn State, which by the way was a nice little trip/interview except for the nasty sinus infection I picked up. Luckily the interview went well and the sinus infection didn't hang on for more and a few days. However, last week had its ups and downs. The interview was an up for sure, but when I got back to Boston, I found out that I once again had to start from scratch on the job hunt since neither of the companies were offering me a position. So for the past few days I've been applying to everything I can. This time around I'm also going to try and find something short term that will start soon so I can start earning money (should have done this in the beginning). At least this job hunt is keeping life interesting.

No comments: