Monday, June 1, 2009

Here's to you CFO!

This one goes out to all the amazing people who comprise Crossfit Omaha. Thank you for everything: for training, for having fun, for inspiring. In all honesty, being part of the gym is what made life worth living. That hour of pain we shared was the highlight of my day everyday. I doubt I will ever do anything workout without thinking of you. I also doubt I will be able to find a gym community that is even close to having the caliber of members and social community that you do. Without a doubt, this has been one of the best experiences of my life and with any luck my path will lead be back someday so we can once again share the pain and sweat that defines Crossfit Omaha.

I haven't worked out since Saturday when I did four way Murph with Jeff, Tovar, and Becky. I think we finished in 14:2something. It was a good one.

This weekend I drove to St. Peter for my sister's graduation from Gustavus, and then drove the rest of the way home to good old Hibbing, MN. Today, I slept in a bit and really needed it. Then I spent the rest of the day disassembling furniture, moving boxes, and preparing the majority of our stuff to be loaded. We rented a 26 foot uhaul and will make the 4 hour drive to Michigan loading and unloads literally tons of stuff, so that will probably be my wod (naturally it will be for time). The following day will probably include moving and chopping about 25 years worth of wood, so that will be another wod down. Luckily I love chopping wood. As soon as I fall into a regular workout routine again, I will be sure and post it. Heck maybe I'll even get fancy and post some pics or if I feel real fancy even a video. You never know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll really miss you Jesus. It's been great to get to know you. Hopefully you will come back sometimes. And if I ever find myself in the Boston area I'll be sure to let you know.
Good luck!

paul said...

great to know you, John! keep it up--you're a beast! I hope our paths will cross again. You'll be missed.

JonD said...

I have no doubt that i will see you again jesus, so just be on the look out. You made CFO a better place, i will talk to you soon.