Thursday, June 4, 2009

Up in da Nort woods!

Well I FINALLY found some time to get an official workout in. The past few days have consisted of loading and unloading oddly shaped heavy objects on to and off of a truck. Talk about functional. The most challenging of which was a stand up piano weighing in at probably around 500 pounds or so. Loading it wasn't so bad since we had a ramp (still not easy), but unloading it was pretty intense. After rolling it down the ramp we had to go down a hill and around the house to the basement. All this on a narrow dirt path. Tons of fun, quarter tons anyway.
Until today the only other workout-esk activity I've encounter was cutting (with a chain saw) and splitting about 100 pieces of wood. The splitting was done using an 8-lb maul if that means anything to you (it doesn't mean much to me).
Anyway today's workout was the one posted on CFO and was pretty much the opposite of chopping wood.

WOD
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
KB Swings 75lb DB
Walking Lunges 50lbs in each hand
~7:30

I'm not sure of the time since I forgot a watch and had to use a digital one with no seconds. I know I would have pushed harder if I were at CFO, but I did get my brother out to give it a go. Try to convert, you know the drill.

Here are a few pics of the gym I'll be at for the summer. It is simply amazing. (Sorry for the poor quality, didn't know they were turning out fuzzy)

Here you can see a leg machine, inclined bench, regular bench, declined bench, cable machine, and tucked away in the back corner is the only squat rack which is also the only pull-up bar from which you could kip.

This one holds a good view of the inclined bench, another regular bench, lat pull-down machine, 3 DB sets, and 2 preacher benches(?).


This is probably THE MOST USEFUL investment this gym could have ever made. Even though they don't have a set of bumpers (that's right all cast iron weights) they decided to throw some money down on this extremely elaborate device used to work those all important biceps.

However, this gym isn't all bad and where there's a will there's a way. It's no Crossfit Omaha though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Jesus!
Your bicpes are gonna be so huge! Awesome for you.

John W said...

Thanks Ang!
I'll probably start working out in jeans and a sleeveless shirt too. Free Tickets to the Gun Show!