Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Title

WOD
Grappler's Tabata
Pull-ups (20w/10r x2)
Thrusters (20w/10r x2)
Hang Squat Clean (20w/10r x2)
Rest 60 seconds

Repeat the above cycle, 5 times

Men use 65#/Ladies use 45#

Another brutal workout was performed in the walls of Crossfit Omaha. Everyone pushed the limits and reaped the rewards. I had trouble functioning for many minutes after the last round. While talking to Zach about how pro athletes achieve peak performance regularly (Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, etc.) I had trouble breathing, thinking, and talking. This was several minutes after the workout, but I had to sit down, take off my jacket and just was for my heart rate to decrease. I guess that's when you know the workout was good. Here were my rounds:
Round 1: 62
Round 2: 56
Round 3: 55
Round 4: 48
Round 5: 49
Total: 270
I'm not sure of the totals for each exercise, but pull-ups were ~120, thrusters ~80, squat cleans ~70. It's give or take on the thrusters and squat cleans, but somewhere around there. The pull-ups were tougher than I thought. I was going to try and do 15 per attempt, nut that only lasted for the very first set. From there I teetered between 13 and 8 per round (slowly declining as the workout progressed). this workout was a mental killer. Thinking about doing the work only made it harder, so it was matter of just doing it. I was also facing another mental/physical struggle that you don't want to hear about. I'll leave it at that.

For those interested, my back is feeling better. The pain is now more localized and doesn't radiate as much. I'll probably be going to the chiropractor once a week until the pain is gone. I hope the plan will work. The chiropractor seems optimistic since I am in "such good general health." I just hopes it's gone soon enough so I can train without that thorn in my side. Not that it would make me any faster, just one less thing to worry about. My shoulder also feels good, and I think the best medicine might be doing snatches. It felt great after those this weekend, and I think that will help strengthen it.

Here is the presentation on peak performance I did last year. It's not much, but maybe it will help get the wheels flowing for something. Also the sources might be of value to some. Enjoy.
http://docs.google.com/Presentation?id=d4tnw96_10gr3fntf9

No comments: