Tuesday, March 10, 2009

prrring like a kitten on 'roids

Looks like the steroids have finally kicked in. YAY!!! I have been shooting up for a while now and thought I got screwed over with a bad batch or something. Anyways, the juice is starting to pay off. This strength cycle was full of pr's. WOOOOOOOO!!! Sure it can get pretty intense at time, in fact just last night I kicked my door in just to see if I could. Unfortunately, I broke the mirror on the other side. I was so pissed I punched three holes in the wall. Which was actually a stroke of genius because I was able to catch the mouse that has been living in my house this winter. Needless to say I bit its head off! I thought that was the end of it, until I went to put on my boots this morning. I hadn't worn these particular boots for a few weeks now, but when I but them on I found the left one to be full of mouse poop. That little bastard got the last laugh I suppose. The sent me into a fit of rage and I razed the kitchen and probably did about $500 worth of damage. Who needs dishes, a microwave, a toaster, or a refrigerator anyway? Not this guy. All I need is my juice and Crossfit! Extreme!

WOD 3/10/09
Become a member of a pull-up club
1st attempt: 36
2nd attempt: 44
next time i might try some of that grip spray
Rope climbs - those are tough starting from the seated position
DU-nothing worth mentioning
Overhead squat 2 red plates, no barbell - this was tricky. The balance was weird, but a fun little drill nonetheless.

WOD 3/09/09
DL - 330 (best while at CFO)
Front Squat - 230x2x2 (pr since I've never lifted that much)
Press - 125x3 (former 1rm was 120 so that's awesome)
Ab work - a smorgasbord of pain and delight

As I mentioned above, the strength cycles seem to be paying off. In addition, my back is feeling much better which is also affecting my performance.

I'm going to try another intermittent fast tonight since tomorrow is a rest day. I'm not as sore as I was last week, but I'll let you know how it goes.

(P.S. If it wasn't obvious, I'm not really on steroids, I was just satisfying a muse.)

3 comments:

JonD said...

I found that pretty amusing John. And yes I even laughed out loud a little. Well great job man on the PRs its always a great feeling to do that. I am glad I have gotten to know you better, and I think after reading this blog I have realized why you are so angry all the time. I could only imagine how hard it is being Jesus on Steroids. That is some power. But hey I just wanted to say thanks for the congrats and I hope someday maybe we can shoot up together and enjoy that aspect of training as well together.

A said...

I remember that passage in the bible - the one where Jesus goes a little crazy from the juice and bites the head off a mouse...except, I think it was a bat. And I think it was Ozzy. I too, laughed literally out loud at this. Well, you are still and always a rockstar! Good job with the PRs!

paul said...

yeah, pretty f-ing funny, John!