Wednesday, March 18, 2009

20090318

WOD
Your choice of squat - x 1 x 4 (heaviest weight, sets across)
superset with
Handstand Pushups - x amrap x 4 (as many reps as possible, one try x 4)

I couldn't decide between front squat and back squat, so I warmed up in both and just hoped I failed at one before the other. Luckily (or unluckily) when I reached 240 my front squat failed so I just did back squat for the WOD.
Front squat: up to 230
Back squat: 240 x 1 x 4
HSPU: 13, 7, 5, 8 (seem a little out of order huh?)

Both squats felt pretty good today. There was much less pain in my back squat.

20090317
Secret WOD
Run ~1.5 miles
9:56

This was Ricky's secret WOD and with good reason. If he had posted a run I don't think as many people would have come. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm fairly happy with my time, I was pacing for 3 miles though, so I had some more in the tank at the finish. Normally I condition quickly to running due to my history in soccer and dry land ski training and have found myself getting a runner's high every now and again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to run for fun, but when running comes up, I'm not opposed.

No comments: