Thursday, July 2, 2009

Was that a crossfit class?

Well, there were four of us today. It seems like people are crawling out of the woodwork for crossfit. My brother and his friend Mike did a scaled version of the CFFB wod substituting 225lb for the dead lift. They both finished around 22-23 minutes. Also John Steinbauer showed up and when given the option between a few workouts chose Elizabeth. He scaled with both the cleans-power cleans at 115- and the ring dips -some foot assist. This was his second wod of the summer so the fact that he finished and was pushing hard was good enough. I think his time was 20 something. All three of those boys started at the same time and I was there, stopwatch in hand, coaching (or trying to anyway) them through the wods. It was fun being on the giving and not receiving end of a workout but I got mine nevertheless. After they finished I also did Elizabeth rx'd.

WOD
Elizabeth
21-15-9
135 lb cleans
ring dips

11:09

The cleans were tough and since I was using iron plates I couldn't drop anything. I'm not sure how much of a difference that made, but I think it would have been easier to clean and drop than to clean and lower the bar. Anyway it was a good workout and I was fairly happy with it. We've got a pretty committed group of people now doing crossfit which is exciting. I'm doing my best to lead by example with form integrity and working with them on their technique. I just hope I'm leading them down the right path. My back is still feeling the DL from the other day so tomorrow's rest day with be great. Northwoods crossfit workouts this weekend. Should be fun.

No comments: