Wednesday, July 15, 2009

High School Gym

Today I was finally able to get into the high school gym and work on some heavy cleans. First I worked with my brother on form and technique and then we began working toward a 1RM. We were taking it slowing and trying to perform each lift as best as possible. This was his first time with heavy cleans, so his technique was a bit off, but with time and more practice I'm sure he'll get there. We didn't really get to any work sets because the coach at the gym gave us a 5 minute warning when I just got to 175. I then jumped to 205 and got one last attempt in at 225. Those were big jumps so I expect my 1rm is higher than 225, but that is still a pr. Hopefully I'll have another shot at it before the end of the summer to give it a real go.

WOD
Clean 1RM
225

No comments: