Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Someone out there is thinking

When my brother broke into a 2lb container of organic yogurt today and said they were promoting a movie I thought it would be about how their product is the best. However, when I checked out the website I was delightfully surprised. The movie is called Food Inc. and talks about how the food industry is basically poisoning the world by ignoring nutrition and only looking to make a profit.

Here's the trailer: http://www.stonyfield.com/Food_inc/food_inc_organic.cfm

Perhaps this will be the start of a food renaissance, but that seems overly optimistic. At the least those who care enough about what they stuff in their pie holes will come out the wiser and live better lives for it.

As for today, my brother and I did the CFO wod with a slight modification. Instead of cartwheels we did burpees.

WOD
3 rounds for time
30 Walking lunges
20 DB Thrusters 35lbs
10 Burpees
9:43

My legs sure felt it today after the front squats from yesterday. Also I can;t wait to see what the wods will be for the games this weekend. Once again good luck everyone!

1 comment:

hannah eileen said...

Jesus, we miss you. The Cali trip would be so much more fun if you were out there with us!
And wtf? Why didn't you do cartwheels? Do you think you are too good for them? lame.