Saturday, February 28, 2009

Crossfit Journal

Well, I am now a proud subscriber to the Crossfit Journal. I have been meaning to do this for some time, but never got around to it. It is exciting to have access to such a wealth of Crossfit related knowledge and I am looking forward to diving in.

Today was amazing. It is just fantastic that so many people were able to come and workout this morning. Living in the 6AM bubble, I had no idea the amount of athletes that call this gym home. Truly a strong community (in more ways than one). The workout was brutal, but everyone was there and suffered through it together. My partner was ZachR and I feel it was a good match-up. Our goal was to have the first person get through at least 4 rounds in each set. I went first on the first and third rounds and he went first on the other two. It actually worked out quite well and we accomplished our goal. The rounds went 4-4, 4-4, 4-3, 4-3 for rounds completed by the first and second person respectively. The quarters were pretty close and I took a hand to the face a few times during my DL's but that's just part of the game. No harm no foul. Not only was the workout a burner, but the potluck was also top notch. Great food and great people. It doesn't get any better than this. I love this stuff.

WOD
4 rounds of
AMRAP in 4 minutes
50 lb DB snatch 2 each arm
6 Burpees
135lb DL 9 reps

Partners can only work at the same time during DL and Snatch.

4-4, 4-4, 4-3, 4-3

No comments: