Thursday, February 26, 2009

Orange

This was a fun little number today. So affectionately called Cindy on Steroids. Same proportions as Cindy except times 3.
WOD
AMRAP in 20
15 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
45 Squats

5 rounds + 30 Push ups.

I wish I would have gotten through 6. This might have been possible if I hadn't broken up the squats or if my push-ups were stronger. Pull-ups didn't give me much trouble as I didn't have to break any sets (I did break one though because I forgot we were supposed to do 15. I stopped at 13 for some reason.) Push-ups, well here's something that could always use work. The first round went 10-10-10 and from there I did 8-7-8-7 with it falling off more in the last round. I wish my push-ups were stronger. There are some phenomenal push-upers out there. For instance, in a book about BUD/s, one SEAL in training completed ~230 push-ups in 2 minutes! That's just nuts. Imagine doing push-ups as fast as you can and now imagine doing them twice as fast and for two minutes. Crazy. Those guys do hundreds of push-ups a day, but still if I could do 100 in a row I would be pumped. Squats were squats. Shouldn't have broken them up.

For some reason, today I feel like on the brink of a break through of some sort. I feel as though I now have the guts or determination to push myself harder in workouts. I want to get to the next level. Hopefully this energy carries through the rest of training. I think that the thought of my back and shoulder (but mostly back) and the caution as a result have been holding me back (pun intended). Once my back gets fixed, there should be nothing holding me back right? We'll see how this all translated from thought to reality.

No comments: