Friday, February 13, 2009

On a scale from one to ten, snow is awesome

I would not have guessed that Omaha had the potential to deliver such an extraordinary blizzard. I love the snow, especially when it comes by the foot. It calms me and make the world seem quieter, plus school gets canceled. This is always a treat, except when a test that you're ready to take gets postponed. Oh well, that just means I'll have two on Monday. The more the merrier. Nevertheless the only thing that would make this storm better is if we had some Rocky Mountains in our backyard. Heck I would even take the Alps and in a pinch the Andes. Just somewhere I can shred some epic gnar (that's Californian for ski some excellent powder).

Now on to Crossfit, the topic at hand. I'm am still a little sore from the metcon cycle. My leg decided to wake me up yesterday by delivering a nasty calf cramp, always a treat. But that's neither here nor there. Today we began our second strength cycle and it went a little something like this:
Power Clean - 80-85% x 2 x 5
Front Squat - 80-85% x 5 x 4
For cleans I did 164-164-169-169-169. They all felt good and I really focused on form and speed. As for front squats I was in the dark as to what I should be lifting. Ricky and I did some calculations and came up with 165-170. The first two sets were 164-169. These seemed pretty easy so Ricky did some recalculating and determined that I should try and get to 208 or so. It took me three sets to do so, but I was happy with that. They were 184-198-208. All together now:
164-169-184-198-208
I found I really like front squats. Who would have thunk.

Zach is really pushing this intermittent fasting idea and wants to get started ASAP. I still haven't researched it as much as I like, so hopefully I can do it this weekend and get a plan going. I have enough trouble as it is trying to eat at the right times and in the right amounts, so this may be a challenge. Then again if I don't eat for a day I won't have to worry about eating for a day. Think about it. More to come on that little topic. As for now I'm going to enjoy the snow as it will probably be gone soon.

No comments: