Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yes Doctor, I'd like a new shoulder with all the extras

Well it happened again. My shoulder just seems to enjoy slipping out of socket too much. This time it was jumping pull-ups that did me in. In the first round even. It is landing and relaxing the shoulder that did it. When the muscles are engaged my shoulder handles fairly well, but when it is relaxed, like in the initial catch of a snatch or landing of a jumping pull-up, 'Pop' and it's out. This is the first time, however, that it has gone out and stayed out above my head. I was able to re-locate it, but opted to be smart and not finish the workout (a rather tough decision, seriously). the weird thing is that it feels better now than it did when I tweaked it this weekend. Maybe that will change as the day progresses or maybe, just maybe, it came out in such a way that actually rearranged the muscles and made it stronger! Maybe not. I'm going to start looking at the options for shoulder surgery while I'm still on my parents' plan and just hope that the games don't have snatch, OHS, or jumping pull-ups. Keep your fingers crossed.
I suppose it is just as well since I will be going to the gym tomorrow to get a jump start on the weekends work. I'll be going to Grand Forks, ND to help celebrate the wedding of a high school friend. I'm really excited. Also, I'm going to try and weasel my way into the university gym to get another workout in, just to keep up.

Today's WOD
frustrating

Yesterday's WOD
5x500m Row
1:52
1:48
1:50
1:49
1:46
I also got some practice in as a coxswain (vocab word of the day) lot's of fun. My eastern roommate would have been proud.

3 comments:

A said...

Okay "boat servant" - I'm worried about your shoulder! I'm going to spend some time determining some helpful things for your injuries...

You take it easy, in the meantime! :-)

Addi said...

Josh and I use a FANTASTIC chiropractor - if you're interested in trying that route again, let me know and I'll give you his info. Started seeing him when my shoulder started hurting, also during the HSPU challenge.

kahrs said...

http://www.naturalhealthpc.com/