Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Revolution Fitness

Today I venture to Revolution Fitness to begin a free three day trial. They are not an affiliate but they are set up for crossfit as in they have some of the tougher to come by equipment. They seem like a decent alternative to CFB, but I'm still looking for free until a job hits.

After a brief tour of the cardio room, spin room, and strength room I was brought to "The Pit" which contained everything you needed to do crossfit. I kindly thanked the trainer for the tour and got to it. While I was warming up another guy came into the Pit wearing oly shoes and started setting up for the snatch and clean and jerk. He even did the Burgener warm up. Maybe it was a good omen. Anyway, I made full use of their amenities.

WOD
2 mile bike ride to gym

1000 meter row
21 thrusters at 95lbs
21 pull-ups
750 meter row
15 thrusters at 95lbs
15 pull-ups
500 meter row
9 thrusters at 95 lbs
9 pull-ups

19:30

2.5 mile bike ride home (got lost)

The thrusters felt lighter than I expected but it was tough to transition from rowing to Fran. I rested way too much. I'll probably head back tomorrow and Friday but won't sign anywhere until I get a job.

No comments: