Monday, August 31, 2009

Improv

Resourcefulness is the name of the game. Without a proper gym, I'm required to create workouts that I have the means to do and fulfill the crossfit ideology. I am looking forward to being creative and finding fun ways for self torture (so to speak).

Friday 8/28
Didn't have a lot of time to workout because I was lazy so I just did Tabata Push-ups

Tabata Push-ups
12-12-11-11-10-10-9-9
84 total

It's not my best showing. Luckily my future workouts are likely to hold tons of push-ups.

Sunday 8/30
A friend of mine, interested in Crossfit, took me to his gym for the day and I came up with a workout. I'm not particularly proud of it but it spiked his intrigue.

3 Rounds for time
10 DB swings 75lbs
20 Push-ups
30 Sit-ups

5:55

Only had to break the push-ups on that one.

After that we took a little break and did Squats

Back Squat 5x5

155-175-190-205-225(pr)

I would have done one more set, but my friend was ready to leave and my body was telling me that 225 was good enough for now. I think I could have done more though.

Monday 8/31
Today I ventured into the world of running in Boston. Luckily I found a nice river run that is designed specifically for just that. To make it a little interesting a stuffed a few text books in my backpack and turned it into a ruck run. Not sure of the weight but if I had to guess it would be around 20 lbs.

5 mile run with a 20 lb pack

39:12

I really kind of enjoyed this run. I never felt out of gas and was the only guy out there with a pack on. Haha. It would have been faster too but I had to stop 4 times, twice to tie my shoe and twice for a traffic light.

Here are some possible future workouts.
12 story stair run (repeats or with an exercise on each level donkey kong style)
Sprint repeats on the green
Park Bench Jumps
Oly lifts when I find a place to do them

No comments: