Monday, August 24, 2009

Boston

After a summer of planning and hard work, I have finally arrived in Boston ready for another year. It took two days of solid driving totaling 25 hours and 1470 miles. Naturally I drove it for time. Also I cut across Canada, stopping in North Bay for the night, and spent most of my time converting kilometers to miles. It was a scenic route and better than taking the interstate through Chicago. But now I am officially in Boston and am beginning to adapt here. Yesterday a friend of mine took me out on a boat and we cruised the Charles and drove out to Hingham Harbor where we met another friend. It was a great way to be introduced to Boston and the surrounding area. Last night I moved into my new place and finished unpacking this morning. Later today I will go explore the surrounding area (for those interested here is where I live). I have already registered for a fitness assessment at Crossfit Boston and hope to get that underway soon.

Before I left Hibbing I did one last workout with my friend Trevor. Since he wouldn't have the chance for a team wod for a while, we did "Cheif-ette," the same workout from the superclass when the commercial was shot. Last time my partner was Zachr and we each got 15 total rounds. This time Trevor got 14 rounds and I got 16 so we still totalled 30 rounds we just gt there differently. I can;t wait to get back in the swing of things. My diet has been poor (well I actually haven't been eating a lot and am going to get food right now in fact). Cheers!

No comments: