Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Everywhere

I mush say it is hard keeping up with workouts while traveling. At Lake Powell, I kept active, swimming, tubing, water skiing, hiking, climbing, and so on just about every day, but after taking a break like that from Crossfit coming back hurts.

Here is my first one back
WOD
5 Rounds for time
10 Back Squats 175 lbs
10 DB swings 75lbs

Just under 9:30

My friend and I were sharing a bar so I got a decent chunk of rest after each round as he did his squats. I was able to not have to break up any of the sets of squats, but there came a point where I couldn't swing the db high enough to count it. This was a tough one. That day and the following I spent hobbling around loading and unloading a uhaul for me folks. After two days of painful rest (didn't have time to workout) I returned to the gym to do a modified Jackie.

WOD
Mod Jackie
100 SDHP 45lbs
50 Thrusters 45lbs
30 Pull-ups

6:45

This was felt pretty easy and I probably should have pushed it harder. Hopefully next time I'll have a rower. I'll try and get another 2 or 3 wods in before I leave for camping this weekend. Maybe I'll even do something there (but probably not).

1 comment:

JonD said...

I thought you were saying awhile back that you were going to be in boston? I am going to Rhode Island next week and going to hit up a CrossFit there. Just seeing if you will be in the area. i will be there from 19th - 25th let me know if your around.