Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Post Camping

Well, I'm out of the woods and back into the world of Internet and cell phone service. I must admit, it's been nice escaping the 'real' world for a while to relax and recalibrate the machinery. Now that I'm back things will start moving very quickly once again. This Friday I will begin the two day trek out to Boston. I'm contemplating taking the King's Highway route through Canada just because I have time and that might be a cool drive. Once I get to Boston I'm not sure what I'll do really. I've got two job interviews set up but they are a month apart, also I'm waiting to hear back from a phone interview I had last Thursday to see if they want to meet face to face. I did find a place to live in downtown Boston where I won't have to pay rent until I get a job, so I really lucked out. Hopefully jobs will pick up soon and I can get to work making moolah because then I can join Crossfit Boston and get back at it. This summer, although a great time to spend the word about Crossfit, has not been the best training-wise. My diet has been mediocre at best and my workouts have been limited and sporadic. But that's life and if nothing else I'll move to the woods and start lifting trees and rocks while living off the land. Haha. Anywho, here's what I've been up to.

Camping WOD
~2 mile run through the campground.
Time: Unknown but I was the fastest of 4 relatively fit individuals by a large margin

Today's WOD
4 Rounds
10 225lb DL
15 Burpees
(run down stairs and dodge the elderly)
200m run

12:39

Today's workout was great, a nice hard workout that keeps you moving. I was able not to stop once or break any sets. Overall I felt pretty good about it but the run could have been faster. Also, I did this at the tail end of an 18 hour fast. Fun stuff.

No comments: