Friday, September 18, 2009

The Garage Gym

Today I ventured into Medford, MA to join a group of crossfitters who are stationed in their garage. I found them on the mainsite forums and am glad I did. It was awesome to be able to workout with some crossfitters again. They are so nice for letting me join them. I will probably continue to workout with them in the weeks to come and perhaps even into the winter depending on what their plan is (most of the workouts are done outside). Cool stuff.

I sort of did a double wod again today. My car is parked about 1.3 miles away, so I have to walk to it to go anywhere new or off the public transit path. About halfway to my car, I realized that I had forgotten my keys. Hard luck, so I turned around and got them. In order to save some time I decided to run to my car instead of walk. No worries there, just made the wod tougher.

WOD 1
1.3 mile run

time unknown

WOD 2
Daniel
50 Pull-ups
400m run
21 thrusters at 95 lbs.
800m run
21 thrusters at 95 lbs
400m run
50 pull-ups

16:42

I haven;t done pull-ups in a while so those felt a little rusty at first, but I hit my stride and was able to push through them. The runs were quite hard, especially after the thrusters. My legs were shot. All in all a great workout to meet some crossfitters and solve my gym problems. Thanks Danielle and Vinny!

No comments: