Thursday, April 8, 2010

Uphill + Pack = Hard

Today's workout was a mile run at incline with a pack. The limitations were 6%-12% incline with a 10-20lb pack. I went with a 9% incline and an 11lb pack (it's all I had with me in my back pack). As I premeditated my attack I thought, "It's only 1 mile, I should be able to do that at a 7 minute pace." Then I thought, "Well, it's at 9%, so maybe I'll hold back to 7:30 pace and pick it up if I'm feeling good." Then I remembered the pack and though, "Hmm...this could be harder then I anticipated..." Well, it was. I started at an 8 minute pace, then quickly switched to 8:30. I held that for a while and had to pull it all back to a 10:00 minute pace. Even that was tough and twice I slowed down to a walk to regain my jello legs. I think I finished in just over 10 minutes and was drenched in sweat. Don't underestimate inclined pack runs.

WOD
1 mile at 9% incline with an 11 lb pack

10 minutes +

1 comment:

Angela said...

Keep up the training Jesus!
Miss you.