Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Taper? Oh and my Saturday Workout

Saturday was a real world scenario workout, here's the link:
http://www.wickedlocal.com/brookline/highlight/x1661781181/Brookline-Police-Would-be-burglar-pinned-down-by-residents

So, yeah, it was an interesting Saturday afternoon.

I've been trying to figure out a way to taper before this marathon. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do, so I'm just going to rest a few days before.

On Friday I did:
500m row
150 DU's
50 Burpees

11:37 (nothing to write home about with that time)

In my defense, the rope was pretty heavy and I haven't done burpees in months. I can wait until the marathon/my shoulder heals so I can start some more intense sessions.

Yesterday I did:
5 rounds for time
10 Steps walking lunges with 65lb db's (I'm feeling that today)
250m row

10:30

Today I'm planning o doing sprint repeats on a treadmill. Like I said I'm not really sure how a taper is supposed to work, so I'll just wing it and hope it works out. I may do one more long run on Thursday.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I need to taper too. I'm not very good at it though. I feel too much like a bum when I don't workout.
Regionals is in 2 weeks, so I think next week will be a pretty easy one. And 2-3 days completely off right before.
I have no advise about tapering for your marathon though. Sorry Jesus.