Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Saunas and Sore Feet

Yesterday I went to another branch of my new globo gym to check out their Sauna. I did a little workout and took a little sauna. Overall, I was pleased. It was nice to have a decently warm sauna (around 150 I think) to go to after a workout. Next time I'll bring some water to throw on the rocks.

However, I will also have to bring some water for myself. I didn't drink enough and felt the effects on my recovering joints later. My knees bothered me a little yesterday, but my feet (escpecially left) hurt the most and continues to hurt today. I'm taking a rest day today to let my body come back a bit from the past two days. My plan is to do several workouts this week and taper a bit next week so that I'm fully recovered for the run.

Monday
WOD 1
5 rounds
Max Rep 135lb Bench Press (7-6-5-5-5)
Either planks/bridges or dragon flags (?) something to get a core burn going

WOD 2
12x20sec sprints rest 2 minutes between sets

I'm not impressed with the bench press numbers and, as usual, need to work on that. However, the sprints felt pretty good muscle and lung-wise.

Even though my shoulder is not seriously injured, it has been extremely limiting in what I can to for exercises. I have a Pt appointment tomorrow so I hope to find out more.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Funny thing about saunas.... its slightly dangerous to wear big hoop earrings in them! Mine burnt the shit out of my neck the other day! It hurt and I felt like an ass! Ha.
Good luck with your shoulder.