Monday, December 7, 2009

New Gym

Yay! I'm now part of a gym. It's not an affiliate but it'll have to do for now. For those who are interested here it is: http://revfitboston.com/. I'll be working out almost exclusively in "The Pit" where I can do oly lifts and wods. I'm excited to be able to get back on a track of sorts.

Today's Go Around
Clean Find 1RM
185-195-205-215-225(Fx3)

225 was my old 1rm (early this last summer). I was able to get under the weight but couldn't stand with it. This next week or two I'll be finding my 1rm and using those weights to follow a sort of undulating program in hopes of building some strength before the sectionals this spring.

100 DU's just working on the skill

Max reps push ups
50

Even though this is where I started it was after some heavy cleans and DU's so I'm not disappointed. Hopefully I'll be able to treat push ups like my oly lifts and create an undulating rep scheme of sorts.

I saw this advertisement today and thought it was a great example of how companies jump on band wagons in name and not spirit. The ad is for Jif peanut butter with Omega 3. How much you ask? 32mg of DHA and EPA. That's right a whole 32mg. I guess it's better than nothing, but I'm taking about oh 100 times that a day. Crazy stuff.

No comments: