Sunday, December 13, 2009

Friday and Saturday

Friday
Pull-ups Max reps
25 then 15 (poor showing, no excuse)

4 rounds for time
2 HSPU
4 36" box jumps
6 ring dips
8 24" box jumps
10 push ups
12 walking lunges

6:57 (I think)

I'm not happy with the pull-ups. I just wasn't into it probably because I was in the middle of a fast. The wod reps and exercises were written on the board and I figured 4 rounds would be fun.

Saturday
Snatch 1RM: 145

WOD
8 rounds for time
250m row
Rest 1 minute

All 8 rounds in the 51.2-54.1 second range.

the snatch was interesting. I was really protecting my shoulder and was just not comfortable with catching the bar in a squat. After a few attempts at this and a little frustration, I decided to do power snatch instead and was immediately much more comfortable. 145 is the most I've snatched in any form, so I'm happy with that and hopefully with a little practice at OHS, I'll be able to build some strength and confidence in the full snatch.

The other day I stumbled upon OPT's blog and found some cool stuff. He has created a two phase program for his athletes. The first will be finishing shortly and the second starting in January. His workout are perhaps the most precise I have seen as most of them account for just about every second of the workout. That is to say each second is planned for you. Kind of cool. With this find, I have decided that OPT is a better programmer than I so come January I will start with his first phase and record his second phase to begin when I finish that.

Well the 2010 Crossfit games are around the corner and they posted the ramp up to it the other day. As many of you know there's a sectional followed by a regional then the games. Unfortunately it looks like I will be missing the sectional meet and subsequently anything beyond that. The weekend they are holding the event in Mass. lands on the tail end of a ski vacation I have planned in March. We'll see what happens with planning, but it doesn't look like I'll be competing this year which is a little disappointing but that's life. We shall see.

1 comment:

hannah eileen said...

don't feel bad. Zach and I are missing sectionals too! We will be in Las Vegas. ZachR might not even be fully recovered by Feb 13 anyway.