Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A New iPod to keep the Beat of my Feet

I went out and bought a refurbished second generation 8gb iPod Nano today. It was $75 and conveniently replaces the one I ruined while running with a backpack of water. It works wells so far, save for the fact that it doesn't play any music when plugged into an iPod stereo system (i.e. an iHome). I'll bring it back tomorrow and hope they can fix it. They said it has a 1 year warranty.

Anyway, I used it today for my run, which was a bit longer than the past few I've done. It was nice having something to occupy my mind.

WOD
Run:
2 x 800m holding best possible pace. Not slowing more then 3 sec. 2 min recoveries
2 x 1k holding best possible pace. Not slowing more then 5 sec. 2 min recoveries

I ran on a treadmill and kept it at 10mph for the two 800's (6:03/mile) and then lowered it to 9.5 mph for the two kilos (6:18/mile). I think it was a good pace, at least for the 1k's, because I was really hurting after the second one.

On a related not, my calves felt great today and during the run. I hope they have built up enough endurance to take the beating of a marathon, which is just under 3 weeks away.

Doctor's appointment in the morning for my shoulder...

No comments: