Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wind out of my Sails

Well, the wind has left me sails, so to speak. Work has picked up quite a bit and I have only been to the gym once this week. It doesn't help that it takes quite a while to get to the gym. Such is life. Since I won't be competing this year, it will not be as big of an issue, but I would still like to belong to a gym where I can do something every once in a while.

While I am physical at the horse latitudes or doldrums (vocab for you sailors out there), I have recently experienced gale force winds mentally. This Sunday I watched Avatar. This movie sparked such a philosophical string of thoughts in me that I was in a near trance until Tuesday contemplating the themes and concepts presented in the moving. I eve began writing down a few of my more prominent thoughts with the hopes of constructing an essay. Now bear in mind, Avatar was only the spark the landed on an already well fueled fire. Many of the ideas I've jotted down have been recurring thoughts in my mental ventures, but Avatar presented them in such a way as to bring them into a new light. If you have not seen it, go. It is well worth it in my opinion. Expect to see something in the future summing my musing on the movie and what it brought forth.

As for the one workout I did this week.

WOD
5 Min Rowing @ 50%
Tabata Rowing Increasing work
5 min rest
1 minute @90% rest 2 minutes 3 rounds (try and get exact distances)
5 minute cooldown

This was a fun one. I like rowing (quite fitting for Boston, eh).

1 comment:

Angela said...

I can't wait to hear what you have to say Jesus. I only wish we could talk about it over breakfast sandwiches at Gandolfo's with the other regulars.....