Tuesday, January 5, 2010

For Angela

Alright Anglea, this one's for you.

This break has been great not for working out though. I have done little in the form of workouts, I think perhaps one in Minnesota and nothing in Michigan. I did however cut and split a few logs at the cabin, punched a hole in the ice on the lake, and skied a few days.

My diet has been quite holiday, lots of sugar and high GI foods. I could really feel it most of the time and look forward to realigning this metabolic derangement. Which has gotten even more deranged as of late. Yesterday was a travel day, from Minneapolis to Boston, and the only meal I had (some sausage and coffee cake probably amounting to a lopsided 2-3 block meal) and that was it. Partly because I didn't have time in the airports to grab food and partly because I didn't have any food when I returned home. I arrived home at 11 last night and woke up at 5:30am to being one of my many jobs. Since I had yet to go shopping I remained in a fasted state. My day continued, without a food source mind you, until 6:30 this evening after returning from my final job of the day and gathering nutients from Whole Foods. I'd call that about a 37 hour fast with under 6 hours of sleep and a sinus infection to boot. That's right a sinus infection, it is awesome. However, many times during the day I was brought back to my college days. Pushing hard and doing a million things on little sleep and little food. It has been an interesting experience, but I have noticed my calves cramping ever so slightly. Hopefully with food that will go away.

From nutrition to gym. I am now an official member of Revolution Fitness. Alas, I cannot afford Crossfit Boston on my megre earnings, but RevFit looks like a satisfactory gym to continue my training. If I am feeling up to it, and have time, I will be starting an OPT designed program. It commenced last November and is Phase 1 of 2 from what I understand. I am excited to see what his style of Crossfit feels like. They will be providing me with two personal training sessions at the gym. I am excited to see what I can learn from them. It will be interesting comparing fitness definitions and goals. RevFit was once an affiliate so perhaps they are familiar in the traditional.

There you go Ang, happy?

2 comments:

Missp1410 said...

I enjoy your style of writing and your adventures are fun to read about. Good luck with the workouts! I am just starting back on the road to good health and have a very long way to go but I am so interested in hearing about new and different workout alternatives.

Anonymous said...

Thanks John! You made my day.
Good luck with getting back into shape; I know you'll get there.
(I am actually sore from a workout I did last night! But don't tell anyone)