Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Intermittent Training

Training has been rather sporadic for me lately. My jobs have picked up a bit and most day I've only got time to eat sleep and work. It's great to be this busy, but I'm definitely not working out enough. I have, however, been eating fairly well. I've been sticking to the 3 days of eating 1 day of fasting, and I have found my cravings for sugar have decreased. Not only that, but toward then end of the fast I feel myself go into survival mode a bit and become hyper alert. It's kind of cool. On the days I eat, I try to eat chicken and turkey in addition to 2 pounds of veggies, 2 apples, and some pineapple. Plus fats, almonds, olive oil, and fish oil. It's been treating me well thus far.

I haven't had time to further gather my thoughts on Avatar, but I hope to do that in the near future.

Workouts:

Friday 2/19
5 Rounds
Max Rep 275lb DL
Max Rep Chest to Bar Pull-ups

I liked this one. I think DL's were 11-10-9-8-5 and the pull-ups were 11-6-6-5-5 (not impressed). I was called out on bad DL form by another guy working out there and was happy for it. I haven't had anyone watching my form for almost a year (since Omaha) and I haven't been consciously keeping it honest. He called me out on the fourth set and I really focused on that for the final round. Pull-ups: needs work.

Sunday 2/21
10 Rounds
30 Seconds Treadmill Sprint @ 7% grade
2 minutes rest between rounds

Started at 11.5 mph and finished at 10mph. I'm going to start mixing in a few Endurance wods since I will be running a marathon is 2 months.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I really like Larabars these days; not sure about running and eating them though. But they are paleo delicious! When I ran a half marathon a while ago I was given ClifShot Blocks and they were pretty good.
Good luck with your run!